In your role of Structural Topside Engineer you are responsible for making structural design calculations of offshore topsides structures, such as modules, helidecks, flare towers and hull integrations. The design calculations are made using Finite Element software, in-house developed software or hand calculations. You will work with structural designer, other disciplines, procurement, construction teams and operations to deliver high-quality and cost-effective designs of the products. You will particularly focus on FPSOs & FLNG products, but you will also be directly involved in proposals and pre-FEED studies of new concepts related to FPSO & FLNG designs and technology developments. The structural discipline consists of Structural Topside engineers and Structural Hull engineers. The Structural discipline provides Structural Engineering to the Group Product Lines, which contains studies, proposals, technology development, Pre-FEED projects, FEED projects and EPCI projects.
The Structural Topside Engineer is responsible for:
- Structural design of Topside facilities for tanker conversions and new build hulls of FPSO and FLNG projects;
- Support to the Technology Development department for FPSO, FLNG, and Renewable product lines in bringing new products and technology to the market;
- Assist the designer in 3D modelling of topside facilities of the FPSO and FLNG.
For this position is a valid European Working Permit required.
Our client is looking for candidates who have an MSc or BSc degree or equivalent (i.e. Professional Certification) in Mechanical, Civil, Offshore, Naval or Aerospace Engineering with the specialization in structural analysis of offshore topside structures. You have at least 4 years of relevant working experience.
Furthermore you have:
- In-depth experience and sound technical knowledge of structural analysis of topside structures in conceptual, basic and detailed design;
- Preferably you have experience in Engineering & Design of topside facilities of floating production units (FSO's, FPSO's, FLMG’s, Semi's, TLP) for the Oil & Gas Industry;
- Good knowledge of structural interfaces with related disciplines i.e. piping discipline, topside integrations and other equipment integrations;
- Familiar with rules of classification societies, knowledge and experience with structural design software, like GeniE, SACS, Staad Pro;
- Professional communication in English (verbal and written);
- Willingness to travel.