- Support the preparation, review, and development of safety engineering documentation in accordance with the Group Technical Standards to ensure safety in the design of oil and gas facilities.
- Support the development of risk management, ensuring that all design aspects are justified and the risks reduced to as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP).
- Identify and write specifications for the loss prevention aspects applicable to the Company's products.
- Use appropriate software for analyses, calculations and design aids (e.g. PHAST).
- Design the fire and gas detection-, fire fighting- and safety systems on a FPSO and/or turret including specification of the major equipment.
- Perform detailed design of all loss prevention systems for FPSO and/or turret including the preparation of equipment specifications; fire fighting P&ID's; input to the cause and effect diagrams; hazardous area zoning layouts; safety plans and calculations.
- Participate in HAZOP, design reviews and other safety reviews.
- Monitor and review internal drawings, specifications and documentation related to loss prevention systems and related matters.
- Perform safety and risk engineering in conformance with all applicable and relevant legislation, standards and codes.
- Answer queries arising from clients, contractors, site supervisors or internal company departments on the hazard management aspects of the Company's products.
- Prepare formal responses to comments from clients and classification societies on drawings and specifications.
- Attend and contribute to internal Company/departmental/project meetings where safety systems and equipment are discussed.
- Perform identification and justification of environmental requirements in design
- Review and / or apply Human Factors Engineering criteria in design
- Bachelor or Master Degree Level qualified in a relevant subject of study i.e. Fire Engineering, Fire Risk Engineering; Safety, Risk and Reliability Engineering; or an engineering background with a proven track record in Safety Engineering.
- More than 2 years relevant experience knowledge of the Oil and Gas industry
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)