As a Cost Engineer, you have a crucial role in the quotation process. Based on your technical experience you are responsible for calculating the costs of often large-scale offshore projects based on drawings, customer requirements and (commercial) parts lists.
- Study requirements and drawings;
- Request prices and specifications from suppliers and subcontractors (together with Purchasing Department);
- Continuously improve of calculation and analysis models to increase accuracy and reality;
- Determin the cost price;
- Coordinate of smaller requests;
- Prepare/support for customer-oriented quotations;
- Assist in variations of work;
- Prepare of budgets;
- Ensure/support in accurate file transfers to the project management team.
- You work well independently, but you also feel good about yourself in a team;
- Relevant technical study at BSc. Level (mechanical engineering, etc.);
- Experience with software packages such as Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel;
- Good command of English language (written & verbal);
- You are stress resistant;
- Experienced in drawing up cost estimates;
- Familiar with 2D and 3D CAD drawings.