Our client Cosco Shipping Heavy Transport has requested us to provide – exclusively – search & selection services for the position of:
(Senior) Project Engineer
Cosco Shipping Heavy Transport is a global leader in safe and reliable semi-submersible marine transportation. A relatively small company, but part of a much larger organization which offers growth potential while still having a family environment. Within the team you can count on each other without having layers of management in between, beside that you will have the opportunities and benefits of a multinational.
The office is based in Rotterdam. In this position you will travel on regular basis for short visits to the project locations.
- Independently perform and organize (engineering) activities for a project.
- Prepare technical tender documents and perform project engineering for large scale contracts.
- Liaise with the COSCO commercial team and clients concerning vessel schedule.
- Work together with project team members to timely perform the assigned tasks within the project.
- Maintain contact with clients, subcontractors, surveyors and other COSCO offices.
- Work with different cultures and internally with offices in Houston (USA) and Guangzhou (China).
- Prepare reports and manuals for the awarded projects.
- Make an inventory of cargo data, define the most suitable vessel (in close consultation with the commercial department) and perform stability, strength and motion response analyses for a transport.
- Visit clients and shipyards for meetings.
- Provide operational support on board the vessels during loading- and discharging operations (when necessary).
- Work on internal development of software models and tools and calculation techniques.
- A least a Bachelor’s degree Naval Architecture or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Ambition to develop yourself in the special world of marine heavy transport and to develop yourself further in this.
- Ability work independently, but also in a team.
- A good sense of humour.
- Experience with AUTOCAD, GHS and OCTOPUS software or you are prepared to improve your skills in those programs.
- Experience with Structural Analysis, calculating steel constructions.