For one of our clients in the Oil and Gas industry we are looking for a 'hands on' Project Engineer who can temporarily join their team!
To ensure successful delivery of the project, there is a requirement for a Project Engineer to support the Unity Project Manager to assist with the project controls, reporting and performance management and administration around the key project meetings for the project. The role will ensure that the requirement of the project Execution Plan are clear and are being adhered, and will support and administer a number of key processes and business activities. Due to the fast track nature of the project, the relatively small size of the team and the dynamic environment of execution projects, the scope of this role is likely to fluctuate / change depending on activities ongoing as well as where the major issues are. Therefore the ability to be nimble and to multitask are key attributes for this role.
- Ownership of the administration and application of the processes as defined in the PEP (Risk Mgt, Change Mgt, MoC, Engineering Query, Contingency mgt etc.);
- Coordination of planning and cost management / estimation, and reviewing / working with the project team to assure accuracy;
- Compilation of weekly and monthly reports, including performance mgt details to support project delivery;
- Ensuring that issues are raised and addressed ahead of them escalating; implementing of a ‘bad news early is good news’ strategy;
- Demonstrating leadership by working and supporting the team to deliver collective success;
- Support the compilation of key presentations and support the administration of key meetings such as partner meetings, readiness reviews and peer reviews;
- Other bespoke scopes / interventions may also be included within this roles responsibilities, however as with all small teams, this will depend on the individuals experience, attitude, behaviour and areas of expertise.
- Degree Qualified Engineer with a minimum of 10 years 'hands on' oil and gas experience;
- Ideally experience working in an operator in an execute project environment;
- Previous experience with management of processes and ideally project management delivery;
- Experience with management of project plans, costs and performance reporting;
- Ideally experience with delivering outcomes within functional organisations;
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Strong communicational skills both written and verbal;
- Ability to get things done by influencing rather than dictating;
- Ability to motivate diverse teams across multiple disciplines;
- Ability to challenge norms and deliver successful business outcomes;
- Ability drive a collaborative culture across our business;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and react to requirements in a professional and a non aggressive manner;
- Ability to work with and manage third parties to ensure targets are achieved.