In the FEED and subsequent Basic and Detailed phases of a project, the designers and engineers start with defining the concept and then continue to work-out the details of the systems, implement vendor data and work closely together with our sub-contractors to prepare the detailed documentation for construction, commissioning and operation. By making use of reputable suppliers, standardized solutions and experienced contractors the company is able to do this in a short time frame and with a high quality.
- Review and mark-up the instrumentation scope on P&ID’s as per company standards.
- Ensure that interfaces with other disciplines (mainly electrical, piping and process) are consistent and aligned.
- Review and mark-up vendor package P&ID’s with instrumentation content. Review vendor data and ensure package units and subcontracted scope are properly integrated and/or interfaced.
- Work in Aveva Diagrams to provide instrumentation input to the P&ID’s regarding tagging and basic instrument functionality.
- Work in Aveva Engineering to ensure consistency between P&ID and instrumentation databases.
- Work in Smart Plant Instrumentation to build and maintain the instrumentation database.
Tasks may gradually extend to:
- Continuously consider cost, constructability, operability and maintainability.
- Assist in developing a project specific system design with all associated documentation (philosophies, layouts, specifications, datasheets, block diagrams, Cause & Effect diagrams, etc.).
- Act as package engineer for instrument packages and work in close cooperation with Supply Chain to perform technical bid evaluations.
- Together with the Lead designer manage the flow of information to remote teams to enable them to prepare Specifications, Bid reviews, Layouts, Cable Block diagrams, Termination diagrams, Loop diagrams, Hook-up diagrams, Mounting details, Cable list, Junction box list, Bulk MTOs for Cables, Cable glands and Hook-up materials.
- Review documents prepared by sub-contractors to ensure quality and consistency.
- Ensure that the system is fully in line with the Regulatory regime, Classification requirements, company standards and Client requirements.
- University or Technical College (BSc degree), with at least 2 years’ experience in Instrumentation design in the (Offshore) Oil & Gas industry.
- Competent in the engineering use of SmartPlant Instrumentation or equivalent database.
- Preferably, experience with Aveva Engineering. Experience with package interfaces.
- Experience with instrumentation for Marine applications is an advantage.
- Proven competence with instrumentation design in hazardous areas (e.g. IECEx001) is preferable.
- Professional communication in English (verbal and written);
- Conversant with MS Office applications;
- Willingness to travel.