Design and Operations
- Prepare well design, abandonment design, drilling / abandonment / workover / well intervention programs in accordance with industry recognised technical criteria and applicable Mijnbouwwet / NOGEPA regulations & standards, to achieve objectives in a safe and cost-effective manner.
- Well design consists of but is not limited to: directional design, drilling fluids & hydraulics design, drill string design, well control planning, casing design, completion design, cement design & well integrity.
- Ensure equipment and services are procured for the planned well activities.
- Ensure procedures are technically valid and applicable to the specific well conditions.
- Ensure equipment and materials meet technical and quality control standards
- Monitor and evaluate well conditions in conjunction with the Senior Well Engineer and the Operations Geologist
- Communicate with Service Contractors about technical requirements, issues and changes to the drilling program.
- Ensure all routine operational and cost control reports are accurate, complete and timely. Ensure lessons learned are captured and prepare End Of Well Reporting.
- Assist the Drilling & Wells Manager & Senior Well Engineer to supervise the HSSE system.
- Support the Drilling & Wells Manager & Senior Well Engineer in the event of an emergency response situation.
- Observe all company Health, Safety, Security and Environmental instructions, act in a safe manner and avoid unnecessary risks to personnel.
- Immediately report any unsafe conditions or activities, dangerous occurrences or injuries in the workplace.
- Development of procedures for wellwork activities incorporating company standards, rules and regulations to continuously guarantee safe operations.
- Ensuring contractor selection takes into account HSE criteria in support of TAQA policies.
- Involvement in peer reviews.
- Contribution to industry projects through NOGEPA and Nexstep EBN Decommissioning initiatives.
- Engineering or science degree from a recognised university
- Current IWCF Well Control certification on supervisor level
- Practical experience with a recognised drilling engineering software package
- Specific petroleum engineering qualifications
- Experience with Landmark drilling engineering software
- Minimum of 5 years oil and gas well operation and design experience
- Experience in completion design and/or operations
- Experience in both onshore and offshore well operations
- Relevant exposure to the well site operations
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Good data management and computer literacy