For one of their regional teams we are looking for an enthusiastic Technical Superintendent. In this role you are responsible for ensuring that the running maintenance and dry-dockings of an assigned number of vessels is executed in a safe, efficient and cost effective way. The aim is to maintain the technical status and to maximise the uptime of our fleet.
The Technical Superintendent reports to the Regional Technical Manager and works in close cooperation with the Operations department. Approximately half of the time you will be working from our office in Rotterdam and the other half will be at locations where we operate our vessels.
- Coordinating and executing the daily running maintenance within budget;
- Monitor and follow up the Planned Maintenance System;
- Supervise, coach and instruct Chief Engineers to ensure professional on-board technical management;
- Undertake vessel inspections and report on the status of the vessels;
- Investigate and analyse root causes of defects and take timely corrective and preventive actions;
- Arrange surveys with flag state and classification authorities and other relevant parties;
- Ensure full compliance of vessel certifications with flag state and class requirements;
- Plan, coordinate and execute dry dockings in line with quality standards, agreed budgets and time lines;
- Supervise and evaluate activities and performance of third party contractors and vendors;
- Ensure damages to be surveyed and repaired in close consultation with classification societies and the insurance department;
- Optimise and implement of technical (new build) standards;
- Generate and approve purchase orders and requisitions and receive and inspect goods.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical / Maritime engineering or Naval Architecture;
- STCW Certificate of Competency III/3, with minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a Chief Engineer or First Engineer, on vessels of >6,000 KW;
- Experienced in project management, budgeting and planned maintenance systems;
- Seasoned technical professional, able to set and maintain high standards;
- Team player, able to engage and cooperate at all organizational levels;
- Excellent communicator able to guide and instruct engineers (on-and offshore);
- Willingness to travel frequently;
- Fluent in Dutch and English (verbally and in writing). French and/or Portuguese is considered an asset;
- Preferably experience with working in the Africa Region.