Basic purpose of the role
To support the continuous improvement of our Clients lifecycle integrity and assurance of acceptable
technical safety risk.
- Act as Technical Authority (TA) Technical Safety;
- Provide technical safety support to the Operations Team in the management and resolution of key integrity and operational issues impacting technical safety;
- Act as Element Owner of elements of our Clients system:
- 6 – Hazard ID and Risk assessment;
- 14 – Emergency Preparedness;
- 16 – Management of Safety Critical Devices.
- Assure the responsibilities as element owner is executed and met according the our Client's standard.
- Support the organisation by following up on specific internal findings with relevant stakeholders and preparing performance standard and Safety Case amendments where required, all to manage risks ALARP;
- Support the organisation by ensuring overall regulatory compliance for Safety Cases;
- Provide project support by inputting to QRA’s, SIL, HAZOP’s, HAZIDs, and Advanced Safety Reviews etc. as directed;
- Management of 3rd party consultancy support contracts and studies;
- Demonstrate personal leadership and help ensure that HSSE performance throughout the onshore and offshore teams is to a high standard;
- Actively participate in incident investigations and assist the team in determining the root cause;
- Manages the implementation and operation of the Process Safety KPI dashboard, promotes the review of the dashboard amongst relevant teams and encourages actions to improve.
- Support Operations in the supervisory responsibility to ensure that all work activities are executed in accordance with our Clients procedures;
- Support aspects of regulatory inspections;
- Carry out safety studies and producing technical reports;
- Act as Emergency Response coordinator;
- Raises awareness of Safety Management amongst the Leadership, Operations and Projects teams and empowers everyone to make a difference through their own actions.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in relevant engineering discipline;
- 5 years relevant experience in (process) safety related positions;
- Auditor qualification;
- Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis specialist.
- Experience of safety provisions in an Operations environment;
- Thorough understanding of key (Dutch) legislation and regulatory framework;
- Sound knowledge of engineering practices, codes and standards and their application to development and management of lifecycle asset integrity assurance programmes;
- Sound knowledge of hazard identification and risk assessment techniques and management of change processes and tools;
- Fluent use of English and Dutch, both written and spoken language.
- Advanced Safety Degree (NEBOSCH or HVK);
- (Lead) Auditor qualification;
- Kelvin TOPSET and/or COMET investigator.
- Experience of the management of vendor services contracts;
- Wide knowledge of industry – subsea, process engineering, maintenance, engineering & construction.