As a Subsea Tooling Engineer, you will work in a group of specialists with the following disciplines: Subsea tooling, Survey & Positioning and ROV & Diving in the Strategy & Technology department.
Here you provide support for product & business development, studies, tenders and commercial projects for the business unit Decommissioning. The Subsea Tooling Engineer will work closely with tooling fabricators and subsea cutting/dredging service providers. The work will range from defining project needs and getting them across, to checking design drawings and support the offshore operations.
- Tender- and project preparation with respect to subsea tooling engineering. Work includes writing scope of works, reviewing subcontractor procedures, selecting equipment, determine testing requirements and making define equipment specifications.
- Determine effective and economically sound solutions given by subcontractors and latest technology.
- Daily manage the technical interface between, subcontractors and their suppliers and project teams.
- Advise project teams on subsea cutting and dredging operations and propose fit- for-purpose tooling solutions.
- Provide on-site assistance during equipment testing/qualification, mobilization and offshore execution of subsea operations.
You are a team player who organizes and plans work effectively and efficiently. You are quality and result oriented and have the ability to easily adapt when needed.
Furthermore, you have:
- A bachelor degree in Mechanical/Civil engineering, Ocean Technology, Aeronautical & Aerospace Engineering or equivalent;
- Excellent practical and pragmatic skills;
- Organizational sensitivity;
- Experienced in managing and working in close cooperation with service providing subcontractors;
- 3+ years relevant experience in offshore/subsea operations;
- Experienced in a project based environment and willingness to work in specialist teams;
- Planning & Organizing skills;
- The ambition to work (temporarily) offshore on the vessels, overseas or in the other offices.