As Sub-Project Lead Land cable you are responsible for the realization and design of the onshore cable system for the offshore project. Primarily, you are responsible for the further engineering of the onshore cable route and the manufacturing, installation for the onshore cable systems for the grid connection projects.
Your scope is to manage the engineering, fabrication, installation and commissioning of the 220kV and 380kV cable systems. Included in the scope are the 220 kV cables from the offshore contracts towards the new transformer land station and the 380 kV cables from the transformer land station towards the existing substation.
In this role you are a member of the cable team, you work closely together with the other team members in order to realize the entire system integration of the grid connection on time also work with other teams, and with external parties As Sub-project Lead Cable Onshore you report to the Project Lead Cable.
Tasks and responsibilities include
- Management of the land cable engineering, construction & commissioning;
- Involvement in the interfaces with other contracts related to this project (sea cable, land station and system integration), in close cooperation with the other sub- project leads in the project team;
- Monitoring and steering interface processing between sub project leads, internal and external technical specialists and other stakeholders;
- Responsible for review of technical documentation including, progress and quality control;
- Preparation and evaluation (in alignment with all relevant departments) of decision proposals for technical questions and non-performance reports;
- Effective contract management of the land cable contracts;
- Align with relevant authorities and the certifier, ensuring that they (can) review the required documentation and that design reviews are organized with them, taking into account the project planning;
- Ensure compliance with requirements and goals set for Safety, Health and Environment (SHE), time, cost, risk and quality;
- Ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines and the framework of corporate manuals and guidelines;
- Contribution to standardization of project management approach and optimization of synergies between projects;
- Active contribution to a safe working environment for yourself, your colleagues and contractors.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in electrical (cable) engineering or a comparable discipline;
- You have knowledge and experience (5 years +) in electrical projects and in managing project teams with experts;
- You have proven experience with cable design;
- Experience in HDD and offshore projects is an advantage;
- Experience in UAV GC and System Engineering is required;
- Ability to grasp new concepts and to become acquainted with a range of topics quickly;
- You have excellent communication and negotiation skills and can organize and schedule activities well;
- You show initiative, you are persuasive, sensitive, aware of your stakeholders and capable of balanced judgment;
- You are dynamic, enthusiastic, intrinsically motivated, you take your responsibility and ownership (committed); no 'nine to five-mentality';
- You can manage, motivate and give direction to a team of professionals and you are a team player yourself;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing;
- Willingness to travel.