As a Structural Engineer you provide structural support for product & business development, study, tender and commercial projects. You can be assigned to one of the business units (Transport and Installation, Wind or Decommissioning) or work on product development in S&T department.
- Perform concept and detail design of offshore fit for purpose lifting arrangements and steel structures, such as lifting appliances, lift points, lift arrangements and grillage and sea fastening;
- Perform structural strength verification analyses, including advanced non-linear Finite Element Analysis, by use of software packages such as SACS and ABAQUS;
- Review structural deliverables (construction reports and drawings);
- Perform quality control on deliverables prepared by colleagues.
You are a team player who organizes and plans the work effectively and efficiently. You are quality and result oriented and have the ability to adapt easily when needed. Next to this you are showing awareness of the interests that are of importance in various divisions of the organization; and of who the decision makers and influential people are. Furthermore, you have:
- A Bachelor and/or Master degree Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering;
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in engineering, project preparation and execution of offshore projects;
- A good understanding of offshore structural engineering;
- Excellent analytical, practical and pragmatic skills;
- Good communication skills in English, both spoken and written;
- A willingness and enthusiasm to share your knowledge with less experienced junior engineers;
- The ambition to work (temporarily) at yards, offshore on our vessels or in our other offices.