For one of our clients in the Oil and Gas industry we are looking for a Structural Engineer Hull.
In your role of Structural Hull Engineer you are responsible for both contributing to the expertise and knowledge within the Structural Hull discipline as well as on FPSO or other projects.
Your contribution is to ensure that knowledge and expertise is maintained and expanded to deliver high-quality and cost-effective designs of the products. You will particularly focus on FPSOs & Floating LNG products, but you will also be directly involved in proposals and pre-FEED studies of new concepts related to FPSO & FLNG designs and technology developments.
The Structural Hull Engineer is responsible for:
- Structural and naval design of tanker conversions and new build hulls of FPSO and FLNG projects.
- Strength verifications of tanker conversions and new build hulls of FPSO and FLNG projects.
- Support to the Technology Development department for FPSO,- FLNG,- and Renewable product lines in bringing new products and technology to the market.
- Support to the vessel acquisition department in the selection of donor tankers for conversion to FPSO or FLNG.
- Coordination and execution 3-D drawings of hull structure and marine equipment of the FPSO.
- Offshore inspection of tankers and yard support during conversion & new build projects.
We are looking for candidates who have an MSc or BSc degree or equivalent (i.e. Professional Certification) in Offshore Structures / Naval Architecture with as specialism structural analysis of global and detailed hull structures. You have 1 or 2 years of relevant working experience with the structural design.
Furthermore you have:
- Familiar with rules of classification societies (i.e. ABS, DNV GL, BV and Lloyds).
- Experience in Engineering & Design of floating units in the Oil & Gas Industry.
- Experience with Visual Basic for Application (VBA) programming in MS office.
- Experience and technical knowledge of structural analysis of global and detailed hull structures.
- Preferably you have experience with ABS hull software ISE/TSA and finite element software FEMAP
- Preferably you have the knowledge of structural interfaces with related disciplines i.e. mooring structure integrations, topside Integrations and other equipment integrations.