Location: The Hague area
For one of our clients in the Oil and Gas industry we are looking for a Static Equipment Engineer.
As Static Equipment Engineer you perform all necessary engineering activities related to a variety of static equipments, such as drums, heat exchangers, reactors, columns, filters, air coolers etc. You support / assist other Static Equipment Engineers with the performance of their assignments. You assist the Static Equipment Supervisor in maintaining static equipment related specifications and standards. Furthermore, you educate Jr. Static Equipment Engineers.
Your activities are, for example:
- Prepare weight, wind, earthquake, stability, strength and pressure calculations related to static equipment;
- Prepare Technical Specifications, Equipment Data Sheets, Requisitions and Technical Bid Tabulations.
- Perform Vendor document review to check suitability of the detailed design;
- Review Customer technical requirements and incorporate in project related data sheets and specifications;
- Review the project schedule related to static equipment items;
- Review detailed design drawings prepared by third parties;
- Coordinate static equipment related issues with the other disciplines Process, Electrical, Instrumentation, Furnaces, Piping, Civil, Procurement and Construction;
- Assist project in technical coordination with the Customers;
- Assist sales and estimating department in obtaining and evaluating Vendor quotations for proposals;
- Prepare hours estimates and detailed planning of own work;
- Timely report engineering changes effecting manpower and schedule by means of CN procedure and follow-up upon Department and Project Manager’s approval;
- Report engineering and design status, progress and manpower forecast to the project manager, section supervisor and departmental manager;
- Ensure adequate 2nd pair of eyes check is performed by using the available design review checklists;
- On request assist the QC department in performing inspections at Manufacturers shops and at construction sites;
- Incorporate lessons learned (Quality Deviation Lists, Quality Improvement Points);
- Use Quantity Tracker Program (timely update and inform Project, Procurement and Construction about changes).
- BSc or MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Min. 5 years in similar function;
- Knowledge of applying equipment design software, such as Microprotol and Compress;
- Familiar with Finite Elements related software;
- Knowledge of international standards related to pressure equipment, such as ASME series, EN13445, AD2000, PD5500, TEMA, API and PED requirements;
- Knowledge of the typical material groups to be applied;
- Knowledge of applying 2D drafting software, such as Autocad or Microstation.