Your primary responsibility is the maintenance of the mechanical equipment of the vessels. Use your experience with vessel design, modification, repair and maintenance, equipment inspections and equipment certificates to achieve efficient and safe operations both on- and offshore. You identify critical maintenance periods and projects that require investment. Furthermore you assist the Equipment Manager in coordinating the planning and you coordinate maintenance and investment projects from the office.
- Liaising closely with the Vessel Management to ensure the vessels machinery, hulls and equipment are operated efficiently and maintained in good condition;
- Providing an on time, safe, reliable, and cost effective technical service for safe operation for the assigned asset;
- Developing repair and maintenance schedules;
- Writing scopes of work for maintenance and upgrades;
- Identifying, managing and monitoring risks and specify upgrade projects according to predefined standards;
- Supporting the Equipment Manager in planning coordination for Repair & Maintenance (R&M) and Equipment Investment programs with VMT and Operational manager to limit critical maintenance time;
- Coordinating and monitoring the validity of certification within the legal requirements;
- Control and execution of approved budgets;
- Liaising externally with equipment manufacturers, suppliers and certifying authorities and internally with procurement;
- Participating in design, engineering, commissioning and testing of technical installations and equipment;
- Manage and visit suppliers and subcontractors;
- Following up on purchase orders of any required service or material;
- Providing specialist advice and recommendations on all important technical issues to improve and increase the customer service and organizational value;
- Development and maintenance of the technical knowledge know-how and capabilities, to ensure availability of up to date expertise.
- Eight years of experience in the field of Mechanical Engineering;
- At least a Bachelor Mechanical or Maritime Engineering or equivalent;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken;
- Experience with maritime mechanical installations;
- The flexibility and willingness to travel to our vessels, yards and suppliers.
(This is an onshore position)