As a Structural Engineer, you will be working for the Shipping, Offshore as well as the New Building department. Within a project team, you are responsible for analyzing structural cases for the fleet and designing solutions such as structural modifications in the ship’s structure, load spreading devices, etc.
- Analyze the project needs and prepare the detailed scope of work and planning for all relevant tasks;
- Prepare and check the design calculations (and reports) for all structural design work;
- Preform detailed calculations by using hand calculations and FEM analysis;
- Train/mentor Junior Engineers and share your knowledge;
- Actively initiate, set up and improve the departmental procedures, tools and standards;
- Be accountable for the quality of your work concerning the structural design and integrity assessment;
- Be involved with the fabrication and installation of the structures;
- Also actively participate in the project scopes concerning the following topics: Sea fastening designs and operational procedures;
- Have an office-based position and occasionally on board project support during project execution.
- B.sc/M.sc degree in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Offshore Engineering or Naval Architecture;
- 5 years or more work experience in structural design and /or analysis work experiences;
- Knowledge of programming languages Matlab and/or Python;
- Experience with Ansys Workbench is beneficial and able to set-up hand calculations for simple structures;
- Ability to work in a project team and across multiple projects;
- Solid knowledge of rules and regulations within the codes and standards of DNV, LR. ABS, etcetera and bring basic knowledge of codes such as AWS, ASME and Eurocode;
- Basic knowledge of the Shipping and Offshore industry, particularly Heavy Lift;
- You are able to guide a draughtman to set-up fabrication drawings;
- Fully conversant in English (verbally and in writing).