Survey & Positioning is one of the disciplines within Subsea Services together with ROV & Subsea Tooling. Together with other discipline engineering teams you are working in the Technology department. We are searching for an enthusiastic Survey & Positioning Specialist (Project Surveyor) who is interested to join our Client's team.
As Survey & Positioning Engineer, your daily activities are:
- Tender and project preparation with respect to all survey and positioning related subjects. Work includes (among other): write scope of work, review subcontractor procedures, specify equipment requirements, determine cost-effective survey methodologies that meet the tender / project requirements;
- Interface with survey & positioning subcontractors;
- Specify and advise to project teams on installation aids required for (subsea) survey and positioning;
- Being up to date with the latest techniques and equipment regarding survey and positioning, following industry trends and networking with potential (services) suppliers;
- Provide assistance during offshore execution of critical survey tasks.
This position requires a highly motivated and enthusiastic person who can contribute to solutions for our current and future challenges. Preferable, but not mandatory, you have experience working as a Project Surveyor, experience with subcontractor coordination, tender support, testing and mobilizing survey equipment and have worked with or are familiar with GIS, bathymetry, or coordinate transformation software then please apply. Experience in the Wind industry is a big plus.
Furthermore, you have:
- Bachelor degree in Hydrography, Geodesy, Oceanography, Offshore Engineering or equivalent;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in Hydrographic survey, Offshore construction support, or equivalent;
- Experience with working in a project environment;
- Good communication skills in English, both spoken and written;
- The ambition to work (temporarily) offshore on our vessels, overseas or in our other offices.