Our client Cosco Shipping Heavy Transport has requested us to provide – exclusively – search & selection services for the position of: Senior Project Engineer (/Project Coordinator).
Cosco Shipping Heavy Transport is a global leader in safe and reliable semi-submersible marine transportation. They are a relatively small company, but part of a much larger organization which offers growth potential while still having a family environment.
Within the team you can count on each other without having layers of management in between, beside that you will have the opportunities and benefits of a multinational.
The office is based in Rotterdam. In this position you will travel on regular basis for short visits to the project locations.
- Independently perform, manage and organize (engineering) activities for a project.
- Prepare technical tender documents and perform project coordination for large scale contracts
- Liaise with the COSCO commercial team and clients concerning vessel schedule
- Guide the project team members to timely perform their assigned task within the project
- Maintain contact with clients, subcontractors, surveyors and other COSCO offices.
- Work with different cultures and internally with offices in Houston (USA) and Guangzhou (China)
- Prepare reports and manuals for the awarded projects.
- Make an inventory of cargo data, define the most suitable vessel (in close consultation with the commercial department) and perform stability, strength and motion response analyses for a transport.
- Visit clients and shipyards for meetings.
- Provide operational support on board the vessels during loading- and discharging operations (when necessary).
- Work on internal development of software models and tools and calculation techniques.
- As a minimum, you have a Bachelor’s degree Naval Architecture or equivalent.
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- You have the ambition to develop yourself in the special world of marine heavy transport and to develop yourself further in this.
- You can work independently, but also in a team
- You have a sense of humour.
- You have experience with AUTOCAD, GHS and OCTOPUS software or you are prepared to improve your skills in those programs.
Cosco Shipping Heavy Transport offers a challenging job in a dynamic industry with many challenges and the opportunity to perform engineering and coordinate projets independently (worldwide). The primary and secondary benefits are excellent.