Location: The Hague area
For one of our clients in the Oil and Gas industry we are looking for a Senior Piping Proposals Engineer.
As Senior Piping Proposals Engineer you perform all piping design activities for proposals/ project’s conceptual phase related to Plotplan development, basic 3D modeling and preparing 2D drawings and MTO’s. You advise / support / assist other Piping Designers with the performance of their assignments.
You optimize piping layout to achieve lowest possible quantities and consequently cost, but without compromising on safety, quality and project requirements. Furthermore, you advise the Departmental Manager in maintaining piping design work instructions and standard drawings.
Your activities are, for example:
- Incorporate Customer technical requirements in project related piping standards and drawings;
- Perform basic 3D equipment modeling of plant equipment, pipe racks and supporting structures, cable trays, instruments etc;
- Prepare 2D plotplans and elevations;
- Prepare piping materials related MTO’s;
- Prepare piping layout by 3D modeling of piping systems and supporting;
- Assist the (Sr.) Piping Engineer in coordinating piping design related design issues with other engineering disciplines;
- Use the available design review checklists;
- Incorporate lessons learned (Quality Deviation Lists, Quality Improvement Points).
- Technical College or BSc degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- Min. 15 years in similar function;
- Understanding the functionality of the piping systems and equipment items as indicated on the P&ID’s;
- Understanding pipe stress and flexibility constraints;
- Knowledge of applying PDS 3D and SP 3D equipment, piping and supporting modeling and Microstation.