Location: Breda area
For one of our clients in the Oil and Gas industry we are looking for a Senior Piping Engineer.
As Senior Piping Engineer you are responsible for the schedule and budget performance of the mechanical discipline team and the technical integrity of the discipline’s work performed under your supervision.
Your activities are, for example:
- Coordinates with other discipline lead engineers to ensure correct implementation of the design and its intent
- Able to coordinate work with input from all disciplines in to the 3D model when required by the Project.
- Participates in formal design reviews and HAZOP meetings to meet this obligation
- Conduct or direct site surveys and plant visits to establish equipment and/or layout constraints in the existing facilities on brownfield sites that may influence the overall project design concept and be able to work with Process, I&C and Piping layout engineers to recommend the most economical solutions
- Must be able to prepare piping and piping fittings’ specifications and prepare material purchase requisitions and perform technical evaluations of bidders’ responses
- Prepare discipline construction scope of work, testing procedures and methodologies and other necessary discipline reports;
- Perform all work in line with WorleyParsons’ EMS processes and project specific procedure
- Be innovative in design work regarding minimization of cost while maintaining technical integrity.
- A Bsc degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering;
- Engineering and Design experience in all aspects of in-plant piping layout and design;
- Must have a broad knowledge in piping design related international codes and standards;
- Must be familiar with the requirements of piping stress calculations.
- Experience in Pre-FEED, FEED and EPCm projects;
- Relevant experience in the engineering design and construction support of brownfield projects in the refining, petrochemicals or chemicals industries;
- Competent in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access;
- Experience in CADD software such as Intergraph Microstation, PDMS and also AUTOCAD.
For this position it is required to be a resident of the Netherlands.