Location: The Hague area
For one of our clients in the Oil and Gas industry we are looking for a Senior Piping Designer.
As Senior Piping Designer you perform all piping design activities related to 3D modeling and preparing 2D drawings. You advise / support / assist other Piping Designers with the performance of their assignments. You will coach new Piping Designers. You optimize piping layout to achieve lowest possible quantities and consequently cost, but without compromising on safety, quality and project requirements. Furthermore you advise the Departmental Manager in maintaining piping design work instructions and standard drawings. One of your tasks is to advise / support / assist the (Sr.) Piping Engineer in any activity at his request.
Your activities are, for example:
- As a lead piping designer, coordinate and organize the piping modeling work with the assigned Piping Designers;
- Incorporate Customer technical requirements in project related piping standards and drawings;
- Prepare piping layout by 3D modeling of piping systems and supporting;
- Prepare 2D plotplans and elevations;
- Perform 3D equipment modeling of plant equipment, pipe racks and supporting structures, cable trays, instruments etc;
- Prepare stress isometrics for pipe stress calculations and incorporate modifications to the layout as required;
- Complete 2D isometrics and piping arrangements drawings that are generated from the 3D model;
- Assist furnace internals section in 3D modeling of furnace internals piping systems and components as required;
- Ensure 3D modeling is executed properly and completed without clashes;
- Ensure quality of the piping layout by performing regular model reviews;
- Assist the (Sr.) Piping Engineer in review detailed design drawings prepared by third parties;
- Assist the (Sr.) Piping Engineer in coordinating piping design related design issues with other engineering disciplines;
- Assist the (Sr.) Piping Engineer in preparing piping materials related MTO’s;
- Assist the (Sr.) Piping Engineer in Vendor document review to check suitability of the detailed design;
- Use the available design review checklists;
- Incorporate lessons learned (Quality Deviation Lists, Quality Improvement Points).
- Technical College or BSc degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- Min. 10 years in similar function;
- Projects Exxon and Midor concept modelling work;
- Understanding the functionality of the piping systems and equipment items as indicated on the P&ID’s;
- Understanding pipe stress and flexibility constraints;
- Knowledge of applying PDS 3D equipment, piping and supporting modeling and Microstation.