Location: Amsterdam area
For one of our clients in the Offshore industry we are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer.
As Senior Mechanical Engineer you are responsible for design and build of production tools, equipment and machinery. Supporting the maintenance organization in analyzing, solving and preventive actions on malfunctions. The Senior Mechanical Engineer ensures that the production lines run with the right balance between cost and stability. You analyze mechanical systems, suggest changes for improvement and build equipment with prior experience and knowledge. It is an all-round function and requires global understanding of all the main engineering elements: design, component manufacturing, hydraulics, pneumatics and 3D modelling. Furthermore it is appreciated if you have a basic understanding of electrical and measurement systems as well as industrial automation.
Your activities are, for example:
- Concept design of new generation production equipment;
- Strength and performance calculations of (future) equipment;
- Technical assessment of systems, designs and drawings;
- Cost estimations in concept and detailed design;
- Project coordination in implementation projects;
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA);
- Documentation for CE, maintenance and instructions for operating;
- Reports arguing the impact and reasoning to execute (large) improvement projects;
- Perform Continuous Improvement projects.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- At least 10 years experience
- Experience in design and build of production machines;
- Experience in running and supporting machines in a production line environment;
- Excellent communication skills, in writing and verbally;
- Excellent command of English;
- Basic in Dutch, sufficient to interact with engineers and operators.
For this position it is required to be a resident of the Netherlands.