As a Senior Geophysicist you will support decision making on exploration, appraisal, field development and business development opportunities through robust technical evaluations and reporting. In particular, the senior geophysicist enables the company to make qualitative and quantitative assessments of the geometry and volumes of hydrocarbon occurrences in the subsurface.
You will have the following responsibilities and outputs:
- Participate in integrated, multi-disciplinary teams in evaluating subsurface opportunities in Denmark and The Netherlands;
- Interpret seismic to evaluate prospects to provide an assessment of volume potential and subsurface risks;
- Conduct geophysical studies and supervise external geophysical studies;
- If and when required, make recommendations for seismic acquisition, processing and re-processing;
- Supervise ongoing geophysical activities and operations;
- Identify potential drilling candidates from the prospect inventory and support their maturation for drilling;
- If and when required, support peers in UK and Egypt;
- Support drilling activities by providing subsurface targets, objectives and any other information required for the safe and efficient drilling of exploration, appraisal and development wells;
- Document all technical work done and help maintain corporate databases and record archives;
- Act as geophysical focal point for colleagues and management;
- Organize and participate in peer assists and reviews;
- Hands-on role, carrying out subsurface technical work required by the business, focusing on evaluation of geological and geophysical data;
- Support the planning department and the annual business cycle by providing input data for economic assessments;
- If and when required, represent the company in meetings with external parties such as national authorities, regulatory bodies, contractors, and partners;
- Support the generation of new business through technical evaluation of acreage for licensing rounds, licence renewal, farm-ins etc..
- More than 10 years of relevant experience of the upstream cycle from frontier exploration through field appraisal, to development, production and abandonment/decommissioning;
- At least an MSc/MEng degree in geophysics or a related geoscience obtained from a reputable university;
- Proven track record of technical excellence and achievement in evaluation and securing best value from technical opportunities;
- Experience with the Danish and/or Netherlands Oil and Gas Industry and exploration regulations;
- Current knowledge of standard interpretation, mapping and geo-modelling applications, such as Petrel and GeoX.