For an international exploration and production company in the offshore oil, gas and renewable energy industry, a vacancy for a Senior Environment & Regulatory Affairs Advisor is available.
WHAT WILL YOUR ROLE BE?
In this role you advise the organisation in complying with legal and industry standards for Health, Safety & Environment. The Senior Environment & Regulatory Affairs Advisor is the focal point for:
- SO 14001 standard compliance. You support the responsible Task Force on this certification, advice the organisation to maintain and improve the standard requirements and performance and organise and participate in audits;
- Emissions to air and water. You are responsible for registration, administration and reporting, coordinate the emissions measurement and advice on improvements on emission reduction and energy efficiency;
- Environment, Social and Governance (ESG). You provide input on this topic to company’s strategy, deliver ESG output and prepare for and maintain reasonable assurance for GHG verification;
- Company ESG & Environment Management. You maintain the environmental aspect, impact and compliance register, monitor and report environmental & energy performance and compliance, prepare and revise OPEPs as required by operational activities on Dutch, UK, German and Danish sectors of the North Sea and participate in investigation on environmental incidents;
- Management of Mining Chemical permits. You support operations by obtaining chemical permits in The Netherlands, UK, Germany and Denmark, maintain and update chemical database and chemical tracking systems, compile annual reports for als to authorities and support data collection for chemical assessment within permit process.
WHAT IS NEEDED TO COMPLETE THE TEAM?
- The candidate we seek has sound knowledge and a good understanding In environmental and permitting matters related to (offshore) operational activities.
- By experience, you have the ability to interact effectively with other departments and external stakeholders.
- You feel comfortable in the role of a team player and are able to contribute in an active group work setting.
- You have 5 – 10 years of relevant work experience and preferably an Engineering or Environmental Management Degree (BSc.)
- Strong communication skills are essential, and a good knowledge of both written and verbal Dutch and English.