We are looking for a Senior Buyer for a client with projects in the offshore renewable energy industry.
Location: Zoetermeer region.
The Supply Chain Management team has the responsibility to develop SCM strategies and to engage the supply lines for designated materials and services. Strong supply chain plans are key to the success of our projects. These projects may comprise a multitude of very large dollar packages and will have a direct and significant impact on the cost base and success of the company.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to get involved in a wide range of responsibilities associated with the SCM function.
Key responsibilities are:
- Proactively define procurement strategies, beyond a single transaction or project, as well as making suggestions for improvement of business processes.
- Actively contribute to development and implementation of long-term sourcing strategies as well as category management.
- Lead negotiations with selected suppliers; always aiming to find the best deal in a timely fashion.
- Perform commercial analysis; normalize and evaluate bids received.
- Incorporate technical evaluations from support disciplines including Engineering, Planning, QHSE and Contracts / Legal.
- Initiate and participate in supplier performance evaluations and ensure adoption of lessons learned.
- Manage and negotiate all Variation Orders, with support of the Contracts Discipline.
- Proactively support fellow team members, which may include some supervisory responsibilities.
The type of person we are looking for has a proven ability in engaging and negotiating with suppliers for the procurement of materials and/or services, ideally within the renewables' industry. You are comfortable working on both live projects and tenders and have meticulous attention to detail, dealing with high numbers of transactions of both mid and high levels of complexity. You are able to demonstrate that you are passionate about procurement and that you can continuously endeavour to optimise cost, quality and schedule flexibility for the benefit of the business. Since this role will serve the entire business, you should be strong at communicating with all levels of personnel within the company.
- You are a degree qualified at Bachelor level or equivalent in a technical, commercial or legal discipline.
- You have at least 8 years of experience working in a buyer/procurement role within the energy industry.
- You are a strong communicator and negotiator, comfortable conversing in English, both verbally and in writing. Being proficient in other languages is a strong advantage.
- You are an advanced user in Microsoft Office with the emphasis on the MS Excel functionalities of data modelling, as well as SAP ECC MM Module / SAP Ariba
- You have strong leadership skills, and the ability to manage, motivate and collaborate effectively with teams and individuals across the business.