Quality Control Co-ordinator (Junior)
To stay ahead of the industry, we are developing tomorrow’s technology today, transforming bold ideas into state-of-the-art solutions to meet the market’s ever changing needs. Do you trust your own vision and have the courage to pursue it? Let us know, so we can match you to our client!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated Junior Quality Control Co-ordinator to join our Quality Control (QC) Department in Delft, the Netherlands.
The department provides expert support and advice to the onshore and offshore organisation on all QC related matters. The QC Co-ordinator is the primary point of contact for all project quality control matters, ensuring equipment and parts operate correctly and meet all industry and regulatory standards.
We are looking for a QC Co-ordinator with a understanding of welding, coating and inspection procedures and related quality requirements.
The ideal candidate will some have experience in the fabrication of offshore equipment and applications, and be able to demonstrate excellent report writing and communication skills. Due to the nature of this position, the ability to express oneself in the Dutch language is necessary.
In this role you will be the primary point of contact for all QC matters relating to the project. You will perform contract review for each assigned project and determine the criteria for inspector qualifications and experience, and select inspectors accordingly.
You will develop a deep understanding of QC project specific requirements and advise Project Manager and Project Team accordingly and provide input for development of project product specifications and standards for items to be procured or subcontracted.
Besides this you
- Review subcontractor and supplier procedures and documents, including inspection and test plans and production schedules
- Monitor QC performance of subcontractors
- Attend pre-production meetings, kick-off meetings and procedure qualification tests, and make inspection visits during fabrication
- Implement QC requirements for materials, welding, coating and NDT as detailed in the applicable inspection and test plans
- Inspect materials and consumables as and when required
- Check material certification against inspected or required materials and consumables
- Inspect storage, preservation and handling of materials and consumables
- Maintain and process all project related documents for audits by clients or external parties
- Perform audits on subcontractors, vendors and suppliers when applicable to confirm capability towards QC requirements
- Check preparations and inspect work in accordance with inspection and test plans
What we expect from you
- BSc or HTS degree in Mechanical Engineering supported by some technical training, preferably in the offshore industry
- 0-5 years related experience in fabrication, piping or the offshore industry
- Willingness to learn
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 quality management environment
- Familiarity with industry standard codes such as API, AWS, ASME, BS-EN and DNV
- CSWIP 3.1 is a pre as well as NDT knowledge
- Good understanding and the ability to express oneself in the Dutch language
- Willingness to traveling on occasion