In the role of the Project Scheduler you will build, assess, scrutinise, performance manage and report the progress of project schedules, which will include inputs from various subcontractors. Ultimately giving the project managers and their teams a view on what is achievable, key issues/risks, and what actual progress is.
- Using various visual software packages (such as MS Visio/Access etc.) to compile high level presentation format schedules;
- Scrutinising and assessing schedules to ensure deliverability, detailing critical paths, and advising schedules/ strategies for assisting to manage schedule related risks;
- Working across project teams, to build robust and accurate schedules;
- Creation and maintenance of level 0 to level 4 project schedules, using in house teams and contractor details, using a bottoms up approach and utilising Primavera 6 and MS Project;
- Identification of implications, communication and updating of schedules;
- Assisting with the building of re-baseline schedules/ interventions as and when required;
- Reporting scheduled versus actual progress in dynamic environments;
- Manage changes to the project schedule;
- As this is a small team, additional roles and responsibilities may be included within this role as and when required;
- Working with contractors and suppliers, to interface / link their schedules to the overall project schedule.
- Proven track record working in an unsupervised discipline environment;
- Expert ability with other Microsoft related tools such as MS Vision & MS Access and Excel;
- Minimum 7 years direct experience in project scheduling in an engineering industrial environment – with previous oil and gas related experience being preferred;
- Experience with project progress reporting and forecasting, using dashboard, written and table formats;
- Ability to use Primavera 6 and MS Project at expert level, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience of the program;
- Proven track record working across multiple teams / projects / contractors and for / with multiple stakeholders;
- Ability to build, scrutinise and report against level 0 to level 4 schedules;
- Experience with understanding and defining schedule risks and mitigation.