The Planner is responsible for developing, tracking, control and maintaining schedules and tenders based on the standards developed within Projects and Tendering. In order to achieve excellence in this field, he/she works in close collaboration with the Project / Tender Manager and other departments involved (Engineering, Procurement, Construction, etc) and incorporate their feedback in the preparation of tenders and project schedules.
- Manage, development, tracking and reporting of project schedules and tenders based on the input given by the project/ tender team and other involved parties.
- Tailoring of the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) in liaison with the Project/ Tender Manager and/or other members of the project team.
- Ensure the efficient set up of the Project schedule plans at the start of each project in cooperation with the project management team and JV partners.
- Ensure the timely set up and update of the Tender schedule plans during tender phase, in close cooperation with the tender team , Senior project managers, JV partners and client representatives.
- Work with the project team to develop and maintain detailed schedules and to clarify the interfaces for each project between all involved parties.
- Trouble-shoot and follow up on potential schedule problems.
- Interact with other members of the project team to collect information on schedule, progress and discusses solutions to optimize the plans.
- Ensure that the schedules are in compliance with contractual requirements.
- Review of schedules provided by JV Partners and preparation of possible corrective actions.
- Monitors any deviation from the initial status and performs all activities necessary to make the analysis of any slippage with the project management team.
- Alignment with planning/ scheduling team as well as other stakeholders.
- Technical background such as an engineering degree or equivalent proven experience.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a scheduler and at least 2 years of experience in scheduling of complex EPC projects.
- Fluent in English as well as one of the two languages French or Dutch.
- PMI certification.
- Knowledge of Primavera.
Managerial Skills / Competencies
- Cabable of gathering and summarizing information from various sources.
- Excellent communication skills and reporting capability with strong presentation skills.
- Able to work against deadlines, resistant to stress, client oriented mind.
- Team player who is driven to display the correct results.
- Quality oriented with strong presentation skills.