As (Senior) Project Engineer you will work in the Business Unit Wind. The objective of this Business Unit is to drive the global energy transition by bringing the company’s experience to the offshore wind industry. As a Project Engineer you provide technical work preparation services for product development, studies, tenders and projects in the offshore Wind industry.
Your daily tasks and responsibilities include the following:
- Leading at team of enthusiastic engineering professionals;
- Planning, coordination and control of assigned work and definition of required resources and competences for own people and subcontractors;
- Develop offshore execution methods for offshore projects, nomination of required equipment, concept and detail design of lifting arrangements etc.;
- Perform engineering, technical project preparation and execution support for offshore Wind projects;
- Review and organize review of internal and external deliverables (drawings, reports and procedures);
- Prepare subcontractor Scope of Works;
- Perform technical management of subcontractors from specification to completion of function test of equipment and hand-over to user.
You are a team player who organizes and plans the work and the involvement of others effectively and efficiently. You are quality and result oriented and have the ability to adapt easily when needed. You are creative and come up with original solutions for job-related problems. You take the different interests of different divisions of the organization and mutual relations into account. You recognize the effects and results of your own decisions or activities on other parts of the organization and act accordingly. You involve colleagues in the analysis of (problem) situations and stimulate them to analyze the problems and come up with solutions. Next to this you keep yourself informed about the Wind market and technological developments.
Furthermore, you have:
- A Bachelor and/or Master degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Maritime Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent;
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in engineering, project preparation and execution of offshore projects;
- Good communication skills in English, both spoken and written;
- Supervisory and coaching skills to provide guidance to other engineers;
- The ambition to work (temporarily) at yards, offshore on our vessels or in our other offices.
- You have experience in taking the lead in projects and are able to make decisions within your project(s) and lead a team of engineers;
- You have the ability to provide structure to unstructured scopes of work and identify technical opportunities taking into account the overall context of marine contracting;
- Well-developed analytical skills to understand, assess and challenge developments beyond own core technical domain;
- Interface with experts in relevant technical disciplines;
- Understand commercial drivers in projects;
- Have a comprehensive understanding of technology relevant to the offshore energy market;
- Knowledge of, affinity with innovations in the offshore energy market.