The Piping Material Engineer utilizes discipline knowledge and experience of engineering principles, procedures and materials to ensure the engineering design is properly translated into specifications, drawings, datasheets, and purchase orders. As Piping Material Engineer, you are responsible for identifying innovative methods to carry out assigned tasks ensuring all required material is functional and accounted for within a design and in compliance with international codes, Company specifications, industry standards and regulations. You may be assigned as a Package Engineer with technical responsibility for the design, procurement and manufacture of the Package. The Piping Material Engineer must prioritize assigned activities to deliver a safe, efficient design and meet construction and installation milestones.
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Professional Engineer Certification is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in the design and engineering of topsides modules (fixed offshore platforms or floating offshore structures such as FPSO's and/or Semi Submersibles).
- Knowledge of ABS, DNV, API codes and standards is required.
- Excellent technical know-how and overview throughout his discipline.
- Mobility to overseas assignment is an advantage.