Location: The Hague area
For one of our clients in the Oil and Gas industry we are looking for a Piping Engineer.
As Piping Engineer, you perform all necessary engineering activities related to piping engineering and design. You Support / assist other Piping Engineers with the performance of their assignments and direct and review the work performed by the Piping Designers. You direct and coordinate the work performed by the Pipe Stress and Piping Materials Engineers. You direct and review the work performed by piping engineering subcontractors. Furthermore, it is your responsibility to promote a team spirit amongst the engineers and designers assigned on the project. You optimize material selection and design to achieve lowest possible quantities and consequently cost, but without compromising on safety, quality and project requirements.
Your activities are, for example:
- Review Customer technical requirements and incorporate in project related specifications and design drawings. This shall be done in coordination with the Pipe Stress, Piping Materials and Painting & Insulation Engineers for the issues related to these disciplines;
- As a lead piping engineer, coordinate and organize the piping engineering and design work with the assigned Pipe Stress and Piping Materials Engineer and the Piping Designers;
- Participate in P&ID review meetings;
- Report engineering and design status, progress and manpower forecast to the project manager and departmental manager;
- Prepare piping engineering related documents such as line designation table, tie-in or battery limit list, special material (SPM) list, piping engineering and fabrication specifications and standards etc.;
- Prepare optimum piping layout concept and plotplan;
- Coordinate the preparation of piping MTO’s for estimating, purchasing and construction tendering purposes;
- Coordinate piping related issues with the other disciplines Process, Electrical, Instrumentation, Furnaces, Civil, Rotating and Static Equipment, Procurement and Construction;
- Coordinate piping engineering and detailed design subcontracts to third parties;
- Review piping engineering and detailed design performed by third parties;
- Perform Vendor document review to check suitability of the detailed design;
- Ensure overall quality of the piping design by performing regular model reviews.
- Participate in formal 3D plant model reviews;
- Assist project in technical coordination with the Customers;
- Prepare hours estimates and detailed planning of own work;
- Timely report engineering changes effecting manpower and schedule by means of CN procedure and follow-up upon Department and Project Manager’s approval;
- Ensure adequate 2nd pair of eyes check is performed by using the available design review checklists;
- Incorporate lessons learned (Quality Deviation Lists, Quality Improvement Points);
- Use Quantity Tracker Program (timely update and inform Project, Procurement and Construction about changes).
- BSc or MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- Min. 5 years in similar function;
- Fluent in English;
- Knowledge of international standards related to piping design and engineering;
- Familiar with piping material codes, such as ASME and DIN;
- Familiar with pipe stress calculation methods and constraints;
- Familiar with applying PDS 3D equipment, piping and supporting modeling and Microstation;
- Understanding the functionality of the piping systems and equipment items as indicated on the P&ID’s.