Location: Rotterdam area
For one of our clients in the offshore oil & gas industry we are looking for Package Managers in various disciplines.
You have the overall responsibility for the completion (quality, schedule, cost and documentation) of the packages assigned to you. Basically you are the “Project Manager of the package”. You will need to manage the assigned package from review of engineering documents up to the hand- over to the construction team and, if needed, to assist/ participate in construction/ integration, pre-commissioning and commissioning activities.
Your activities are, for example:
- Act as the primary focal point for the vendor on all matters related to the Package;
- Liaise with the Group Category Manager in regards of the Bidder list, benchmarking and problems faced with vendors. You will approve the Package Bidder list, Commercial Bid Evaluation, Recommendation to Purchase and Purchase Requisition;
- Participate in the RFQ preparation, bid- and vendor qualification;
- You will manage the execution of the PO technically and commercially and you make sure the PO execution is in line with the project schedule;
- Define the negotiation strategy with the Buyer, Project Manager and Supply Chain Department Manager;
- Receive, control and close the TQs, NCRs, SVRs in liaison with Engineering and PM;
- Manage the inspection, the delivery and receipt of the package at site with the help of the Inspection, Expediting and Logistic teams & Site Material Controller;
- Liaise with the Package Engineer (who is responsible for all technical aspects of the package);
- Ensure the vendor Documents are received , reviewed and approved on time in eCDR.
- A Master degree in Engineering (Mechanical, E&I etc);
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the Oil & Gas Industry in a technical and commercial role;
- Fluent in English and Dutch, both verbally and writing.