The Operations Support Coordinator ensures that equipment and services are expedited, inspected, delivered and stored in full compliance with budget, required quantities, contractual agreements, expected quality and schedule constraints.
During the execution of the order and until final delivery and storage, you monitor the progress, prevent any issues, raise alerts and recommend action plans.
This pivotal role collaborates with the project team (ie: Package manager (PKM), Project Procurement Manager (PPM), Package Engineer …) or with the offshore vessels and shorebases to actively engage and reinforce all relevant working relationships.
You also build partnerships with vendors to meet shared objectives as per Company requirements and in line with the local and international regulations.
You interface with external third-parties involved in expediting, inspection, logistics and material control activities (ie: agencies, freight forwarders, customs or other officials).
Below contributions apply to your designated perimeter (expediting, inspection, logistics, material control) and functional competencies may vary depending on your specialty.
In order to ensure readiness of equipment and material while complying with planning, quality, quantity and budget constraints, you are to :
- Understand project and/or operations requirements
- Implement strategies and plans (expediting, inspection, customs, transports, storage, material receiving and control)
- Perform purchasing activities appropriately (from RFQ to PO award) and in full compliance with Company working procedures (mainly for transport and material control activities)
- Ensure that vendors and third-parties have all necessary information to execute the order (ie: standard Quality Control Plan (QCP), shipping & marking requirements, technical requirements)
- Perform thorough check of all deliverables submitted by vendors and third-parties
- Monitor the performance of logistics third-parties (i.e. agencies, freight forwarders), propose
- Conduct regular follow-ups to get updated and accurate information and raise alert whenever appropriate
- Formalize adequately all necessary input to decision makers (e.g. : reporting, preservation routine)
- Ensures that updated data are populated in Supply Chain applications on a timely manner
- Proactively interface with internal stakeholders (Engineering, Insurance, Tax, Legal, Compliance …) for sharing information and progress, and for resolving issues
- Chase that internal stakeholders perform their tasks in due time (ie: review / approve vendor documentation)
- Ensure implementation of any agreed recovery actions plans
- Organize field visits to assess vendor performance during fabrication of the equipment, to inspect the equipment/material as per Company requirements, to check safety during loading /unloading operations
- Ensure that equipment / material is safely fabricated, delivered on site and stored as per Company requirements, with no damage
- Provide feedback to Package Manager and/or Operations Buyer for overall vendor rating purpose