You can make your mark as Offshore Project Engineer by fulfilling a key role in providing a project the best possible start, by taking care of the work preparation and execution onboard our vessel or occasionally in the office. During project preparation you make sure any interface between project team, surveyors and vessel crew is covered. This way, you and your colleagues onboard can ensure that high-quality works are delivered on time and in accordance with contractual requirements.
Your responsibilities as Offshore Project Engineer:
- Translate the Scope of Work and contractual requirements into workable subsections for installation purposes and present and explain these to the crew in pre-job toolboxes.
- Determine which equipment setup is most suitable to achieve the intended results of the project.
- Together with Superintendent, persuade external customers of the feasibility and safety of the proposed strategy / method and the resulting specifications.
- Determine & evaluate the Rock Installation strategy and work together with the bridge team to deliver the work according to requirements and increase overall performance during the execution of works.
- Together with Superintendent, analyze the production and progress of execution, compared to the planning, and tweak the strategy in case required to increase overall performance.
- Reporting progress to internal customers / colleagues via the database. Prepare As-built documentation and properly register Lessons learned for each project.
- A bachelor in a technical field, preferably civil engineering, or maritime engineering or technical engineering.
- Experience in an offshore (oil and gas and/or renewables), maritime or civil engineering environment is a plus
- Good communication skills and a good knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken
- Decent knowledge of MS office & planning applications – such as MS project – and basic knowledge of drafting applications – such as drafting CAD applications.
- No problem working onboard of a vessel at sea, on a fix rotation of 4-6 weeks on & off.
- A good motivation and eagerness You are motivated and eager to develop your skills in this role.
- A team spirit, you are a team player, pro-active and have a hands-on mentality