The NDT Engineer is assigned to safely, timely and economically tender, prepare, and support the NDT activities for the pipelay vessels, ensuring compliance with project requirements. The NDT Engineer provides specialist know-how and is responsible for the NDT activities for all project phases (tender, engineering, procurement, installation and commissioning) and co-ordinates between vessel(s) and work site(s), client, project team, departments, subcontractors and suppliers as well as other business contacts. Depending on the work volume and complexity anticipated, the NDT Engineer will be assigned to one or more projects.
- Provide accurate tender input to fulfil project requirements;
- Identify, develop and qualify the NDT methods to in a safe, timely and efficient way, including testing, documentation, client approval and third party verification, as required for the project;
- Initiate, manage and control the process of developing and improving NDT equipment;
- Consult the NDT subcontractor regarding feasibility of NDT works in order to develop the most productive, economic and safe NDT methods;
- Supervise the NDT work including but not limited to pre-qualification, performance in accordance with the applicable safety and environmental procedures, rules and regulations as applicable on the vessels and work sites, quality audits and technical presentations;
- Communicate with the Welding Engineer(s) regarding welding activities and Unit Head NDT (for specific NDT activities) regarding the timing and duration of general NDT services at the Training Centre for current or upcoming projects;
- Identify training needs and obtain client approval to allow the vessels to qualify NDT personnel for the NDT methods used for the pipelines and their appurtenances, including testing, documentation, client approval and third party verification, as required for the project;
- Identify areas for improvements for NDT activities and ensure adequate follow-up;
- Actively participate in (international) NDT related committees and workgroups;
- Act as NDT trainer for in-house qualifications, clients and third party purposes;
- Administer NDT examinations as appointed Examiner for in-house certification and independent NDT examination centers.
- Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics or equivalent
- Hands on mentality, pragmatic thinking and able to manage own work independently
- Willingness to work regularly on onshore and offshore locations / Prepared to work occasionally/ frequently on onshore and offshore locations
- Good command of the Dutch and English language, both written and spoken