For our client Heerema, who is experienced in the Maritime Offshore industry, we are looking for a Mechanic 1.
Perform repair and maintenance work on all vessels’ machinery and equipment in engine room spaces, cranes, accommodation and galley.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Execute, in a safe, efficient and effective matter, assigned repair and maintenance duties and operational tasks;
- Initiate preparations for a Permit to Work when conditions require this;
- Prepare relevant Job Safety Assessments and perform toolbox talks;
- Detecting and report malfunctioning of systems, circuits and equipment;
- Interrupt unsafe activities or conditions and report them to supervisor;
- Participate in drills, musters and training exercises;
- Execute or assist in operational tasks such as operating equipment or special tools for the project at hand;
- Fabricate basic and complicated parts using all the special mechanical workshop machinery and tools;
- Execute work according to instructions;
- Ensure proper job and shift handovers.
- Technical vocational (MBO4) degree;
- Five to ten years relevant work experience;
- Knowledge of and experience in repair & maintenance fitting;
- Certified and qualified welding skills;
- Understanding of and can read mechanical / constructional drawings;
- Experience with operating mechanical workshop machines and special tools;
- You speak fluent Dutch and English.
* This is a staff position.