For our client Heerema, who is experienced in the Maritime Offshore industry, we are looking for a Mate Tug 2!
Watch keeping and navigating activities in accordance with the Mate / Captain's bridge orders, the International Regulations and good seamanship practices.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Adherence to all safety, safe working and QASHE related procedures and Emergency Response Team roles;
- Determine position of the vessel at regular intervals;
- Deviate from set courses;
- Monitor weather forecasts and navigational warnings and taking adequate and timely actions when needed;
- Interrupt and correct unsafe activities or conditions;
- Stop any unsafe activity and correct unsafe conditions threatening the life of crew, safety of vessel or tow, or preservation of the environment;
- Initiate necessary actions in an emergency situation;
- Render first aid to injured personnel;
- Cooperate in incident investigations;
- Record all incidents in the vessels' log book;
- Ensure proper job and shift handovers;
- Execute assigned activities and tasks (watch rounds, maintenance of deck and safety equipment);
- Correct sea charts and nautical publication as per notice to Mariners;
- Check correct functioning of instruments and equipment;
- Supervise Assistant Mate(s) and ensure effective and accurate execution of their tasks;
- Maintain log books.
- Nautical Bachelor Marine degree, License Mate and DPO Certificate;
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience;
- You speak fluent Dutch and English;
- Allround discipline skills and basic knowledge of related discipline(s).
* This is a staff position.