For our client Heerema, who is experienced in the Maritime Offshore industry, we are looking for a Maritime Automation Engineer!
As a Maritime Automation Engineer you are responsible for maintenance, control and troubleshooting of all automation software and hardware equipment and systems of the vessel. You will maintain the software back-up system with the latest program versions and you will represent the Information Systems (IT) department on board.
As Maritime Automation Engineer, your daily activities are:
- Solving any malfunctioning of process automation systems;
- Maintaining software and hardware of the automation systems;
- Version control and archiving of the software;
- Providing professional automation support to the engineering department onshore and the electrical section on the watch offshore;
- Making recommendations for newly build or redesigned systems and Implementing new systems;
- Creating and implementing Job Safety Analyses and performing Toolbox talks for subcontractors and guiding them;
- Ensuring compliancy with organization’s procedures concerning dynamic positioning and heavy lift operations and related operations;
- Ensuring compliance with safety and applicable procedures and Emergency Response Team roles.
This position requires an analytical mind and problem solving skills; who can contribute to solutions for our current and future challenges.
Furthermore, you have:
- A minimum of a Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Mechatronics (or comparable) or preferable a diploma from a Higher Maritime College;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with electro technical ship installations, including experience with automation;
- Leadership qualities; experience with managing colleagues in an advantage;
- Extensive knowledge of PLC technology, preferably Siemens S7;
- Experience with frequency drives, preferably ABB;
- Experience with DP ships, preferably Kongsberg;
- Knowledge of MS office applications, ERP systems and CAD tools (EPlan and SmartSketch);
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English, both spoken and written;
- A DP Induction or DP Advance certificate;
- A result oriented mindset, take ownership and are a teamplayer.
*This is a staff position!