The maintenance engineer mechanical and rotating equipment prepares and executes preventive and corrective maintenance, fault finding and repairs of the major rotating equipment.
- Prepare work orders for work on mechanical and rotating equipment maintenance and repair activities. Provision of input to the integrated planning process.
- Participate in daily gatekeeping meetings
- Report results of activities in the CMMS system (MAXIMO), project files, etc.
- Maintain record of materials used and reorder requirement.
- Prepare work permits for the activities assigned to him. Ensure compliance to the requirements of the work permit.
- Coordinate his assigned work with the Operators as appropriate.
- Ensures that all work is done in accordance with approved working procedures.
- Give service- and sub- contractors support or supervises as directed by the Maintenance Team lead.
- Conducts other various tasks not specified, as required by Maintenance Team lead.
- Marks up drawings after modifications and checks revised drawings.
- Care for and correct use of supplied tools and equipment and the personal toolbox.
- Maintain good housekeeping at the site.
- Reports all accidents / incidents / near misses and potential hazards immediately
- Medium / Higher level technical education (MTS / HTS or equivalent).
- 5-10 years experience in the maintenance of large rotating equipment, such as pumps, gas turbines and compressors of various types in the process industry (preferably oil & gas).
- Familiar with a computerized maintenance management system (Maximo).
- Workable knowledge of office applications such as Word or Excel.
- Certified “flensmonteur”
- Fault finding on large rotating equipment such as gas turbines and compressors.
- Basic knowledge of control systems of rotating equipment and condition monitoring, electric motors, etc.
- Dutch – Working knowledge
- English – Working knowledge
- To not endanger the safety of one’s self or others
- Adhere to the applicable safety regulations for the location of office
- Having received sufficient training to work on the location
- To maintain the safety tools supplied by TAQA and keep then in good shape
- Use all tools and dangerous substances in the correct and prescribed manner
- Know or be able to find procedures, standards and instructions of the Safety Management System
- Execute work in accordance with the Corporate Critical Safe Work Standards
- Adhere to measures indicated in the specific risk analysis such as a TRA
- Attend safety, kick off and tool box meetings and contribute to those if requested
- Support incident research and contribute to those if requested
- Report deviations, incidents and dangerous situations immediately to the team leader or HSSE representative
- Prevent harm to the environment by reducing and separating waste where indicated and prevent our installations or processes to cause spills or exhaust gasses
- During transport or travel adhere to the legal or transporter’s regulations including those of the helicopter transporter and adhere to the TAQA defensive driving rules as well as advice regarding road transport
- Ensure timely follow up with examinations required by law or TAQA