Location: Rotterdam area
For one of our clients in the offshore oil & gas industry we are looking for a (Lead) Buyer.
As a (Lead) Buyer you will manage the assigned package from preparation to the RFQ, to issuing the PO and the kick off meeting. You will work closely together with the Package Manager and ensures a timely and cost effective selection of the supplier of the subject package. Your strong experience in Mechanical Equipment is required for any FEED or EPC activity to take care of the main process packages.
Your activities are, for example:
- Ensure a flawless selection of the most attractive bidder by conducting commercial, contractual, technical and legal clarifications with the support of internal stakeholders such as Legal and the Package Manager;
- Supervise all related buying activities;
- Compile and issue the RFQ, ensuring that the Bidders List and Supplier Qualifications are met;
- Expedite the quotations and perform the commercial bid clarifications as required;
- Prepared the Recommendation To Purchase (RTP) and Commercial Bid Evaluation (CBE);
- Organize the supplier kick- off meeting (if required);
- Train and educate your team members where required.
- A Business School degree with major in Purchasing or Engineering degree in combination with at least one year of specialization in Purchasing;
- A minimum of 4 years of Experience in the Oil & Gas industry in a (senior) buyer/ (lead) buyer role;
- NEVI1/NEVI2 are a plus;
- Fluent in English.