Location: The Hague area
For one of our clients in the Oil and Gas industry we are looking for a Junior Furnace Steel Engineer.
As a Jr. Furnace Steel Engineer, you perform all necessary furnace steel engineering and design activities under the direction and supervision of a (Sr.) Furnace Steel Engineer for a specific project, e.g. preparing steel structure static calculations, material take-offs and requisitions for the purchase of the furnace steel related materials.
You will obtain knowledge of furnace steel structure engineering and design related activities, standards, specifications, tools and working methods that are applicable within the company.
You will obtain knowledge about furnace associated items, such as burners, air pre-heaters, refractory lining and ducting that are being applied in furnaces and handled as a part of the furnace steel discipline.
Furthermore, you will support and assist the (Sr.) Furnace Steel Engineer in any activity at his request.
Your activities are, for example:
- Preparing Technical Specifications, Requisitions and Technical Bid Tabulations for the purchase of furnace steel, refractory lining and specific items such air pre-heater, burners, duct compensators, protrusion seals etc.;
- Preparing foundation loading and furnace structural steel calculations;
- Performing Vendor document review to check suitability of the detailed design;
- Preparing MTO’s of furnace steel, refractory and associated components for estimating, purchasing and construction tendering purposes;
- Ensuring adequate 2nd pair of eyes check is performed by using the available design review checklists;
- Incorporate lessons learned (Quality Deviation Lists, Quality Improvement Points).
- MSc or BSc degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering;
- Min. 2 years of experience in steel structure static calculations;
- Some knowledge of international standards related to civil and structural steel design, such as Eurocodes, American codes, DIN, etc.;
- Some experience in applying structural design software, such as Staad Pro;
- Some basic experience with 2D/3D drafting software, such as Autocad or Microstation.