Location: The Hague area
For one of our clients in the Offshore and Maritime industry we are looking for a Fleet Personnel Officer.
The organization’s international Crewing Department ensures the vessels are continuously manned with the world’s best available seafarers. Each Fleet Personnel Officer is responsible for the full crewing process for one or more vessels, plus they take on projects to further develop and professionalise the department.
Your activities are, for example:
- Manage placement of existing and new seafaring employees into ranks, in positions and on vessels, matching qualifications and experience;
- Recruit new employees both directly and through crewing agents;
- Provide day-to-day liaison and support to crew at all levels, including payroll queries and contractual matters;
- Plan and manage crew changes including visas, travel, transport and accommodation;
- Ensure appraisals are held, deal with promotions and dismissals, and arrange training and inductions;
- Ensure compliance with relevant international legislative and regulatory requirements (such as STCW and MLC);
- Provision of yearly budgets and monthly financial reporting on crewing related items;
- Align with and coordinate crewing related issues between relevant Vessel Superintendents, the vessel and clients.
- Has a Bachelor degree and higher education working level;
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in operational crewing for vessels or similar;
- Is willing to work outside office hours when required;
- Is proficient in English, both verbal and in writing, and has experience of working with MS Office.
For this position it is required to be a resident of the Netherlands.