For our client Heerema, who is experienced in the Maritime Offshore industry, we are looking for a Field Engineer.
Adequately perform offshore engineering work for each project and provide (technical) advise to (Assistant) Superintendent for construction and fabrication and structural maintenance activities, design and preparation of required modifications and/or appliances on board. Liaison between Project Team (onshore and offshore) and Vessel Staff.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to all safety, safe working practices and QASHE related procedures and Emergency Response Team roles at all times;
- Ensure proper job and shift handover;
- Assist in the preparation of non‐conformance reports;
- Advise (Assistant) Superintendent on all Project installation engineering matters;
- Cooperate with Assistant Superintendent and other deck Foremen to ensure a smooth job preparation and execution;
- Perform field calculations and designs;
- Coordinate and supervise dimensional control surveys;
- Verify calibration of inspection, measure and test equipment;
- Verify and approve or reject NDE and QC reports;
- Prepare as‐built package upon completion of each project or vessel Modification;
- Prepare job reports.
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering;
- Relevant experience in design and calculation of structures;
- Relevant experience in offshore pipelay and heavy lifting in an offshore environment;
- Excellent reporting skills;
- Knowledge of the Dutch and English language, both written and spoken.
* This is a staff position.