The HSE advisor Environmental Management will develop, coordinate and administer programs, reports and advise departments and project teams within the area of environmental management and compliance at the organization. In this role you will report to the General Manager HSE. Furthermore, in this role you will liaise with all departments and specially with our Sustainability advisor, Project managers and Third parties with respect to Environmental Management.
- Prepares, coordinates, or supervises the preparation/completion of environmental resource reports, environmental permit applications, and acquisition of applicable environmental approvals;
- Develop, plan, coordinate and implement activities and other programs related to Environmental management ;
- Monitor and evaluate ISO 14001 certification and related documentation, document performance trends, and recommend and implement modifications to improve program effectiveness;
- Represent environmental management; attend meetings as appropriate, interface with external organizations;
- Promote awareness of environmental management within the project functions, presentation, workshops, campaigns;
- Prepare and monitor Environmental KPI’s such as emissions, fuel usage and other indicators providing insight in environmental performance;
- Interprets environmental regulations and assists in the development of Company guidelines to ensure completion of projects in compliance with applicable environmental laws and regulations;
- Closely liaises with the Sustainability advisor to ensure Environmental management programs and compliance initiatives align and / or supplement the Sustainability program.
Tasks, include, but are not limited to:
- Review & Update (ISO 14001) Environmental Aspects & Impacts Register;
- Environmental accounting & reporting;
- Project Environmental Assessments [EA & ENVID];
- Coordinated environmental Improvement initiatives fleet, yards and offices;
- Organization and monitoring of Environmental Awareness training;
- Specific environmental support on projects and tenders;
- Delivery of project environmental management deliverables.
- Qualified Environmental engineer, with NEBOSH Environmental management Diploma / Certificate or equivalent;
- ISO 14001 (Lead) Auditing qualifications;
- At least 2 years’ experience in the Maritime or offshore as a HSE advisor or Environmental advisor;
- Experience with working in an offshore project environment is preferred;
- Knowledge in the (maritime) environmental legalization;
- Fluent in English (Dutch and / or Norwegian is a pre.)