For our client Heerema, who is experienced in the Maritime Offshore industry, we are looking for an Engineer 2 to join our clients' team offshore!
As Engineer 2, your challenge is to perform duties on deck and in the engine room. You are responsible for carrying out the maintenance of the ship's installations and/or project related equipment. Think of maintenance in the accommodations, in the galley, of forklift trucks, internal lifting tools, Safety and Life Saving Equipment, diesel engines, rtc.. You will report to the First Engineer.
You have a positive attitude and ‘can do’ mentality. You think on your feet and are able to bring pragmatic solutions that are in line with the dynamics of a project organization.
As Engineer 2, your daily activities are:
- Inspection, repair and maintenance on board both on deck and engine room;
- The control of engine-room staff such as: Mechanics, Oilers and Motormen;
- Assisting during project construction such as: by operating impact hammers, pile handling tools, compressors, pumps, cargo barge ballast systems;
- Work safely and be an example in a safe working culture, according to the procedure, using JSA's, Work permits and Toolbox talks;
- Supervising interns.
You are a team player who organizes and plans work effectively and efficiently. You are quality and result oriented and have the ability to easily adapt when needed. Next to this you are interested in various divisions of the organization; and aware of who the decisions makers and influential people are.
Furthermore, you have:
- A diploma of Higher Maritime College (MAROF) or equivalent maritime oriented technical degree;
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as an Engineer aboard is a pre;
- Dynamic Positioning operated vessel is a pre;
- STCW 95 standard;
- Affinity with the offshore industry and heavy lift-projects;
- A result oriented mindset, take ownership and are a teamplayer;
- Excellent command of Dutch and English, both spoken and written.
*This is a staff position!