For our client Heerema, who is experienced in the Maritime Offshore industry, we are looking for an Engineer 1 to join our clients' team offshore!
As Engineer 1 SSCV, your challenge is to perform duties on deck and in the engine room. You are responsible for carrying out the maintenance of the ship's installations and/or project related equipment. Think of maintenance in the accommodations, in the galley, of forklift trucks, internal lifting tools, Safety and Life Saving Equipment, diesel engines, etc..
As Engineer 1 SSCV, your daily activities are:
- Inspection, repair and maintenance on board both on deck and engine room;
- The control of engine-room staff, as responsible Engineer 1;
- Assisting during project constructions such as: operating impact hammers, pile handling tools, compressors, pumps, cargo barge ballast systems.
- Work safely and be an example in a safe working culture, according to the procedure, using JSA's, Work permits and Toolbox talks.
This position requires an experienced Marine Engineer with leadership skills and with working experience on challenging high-tech projects. Furthermore, you have:
- A diploma of Higher Maritime College (MAROF) or equivalent maritime oriented technical degree;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Senior Engineer on board offshore vessels (pre: a Dynamic Positioning operated vessel).
- STCW 95 standard;
- Affinity with the offshore industry and heavy lift-projects;
- Excellent command of Dutch and English, both spoken and written.
*This is a staff position!