For our client Heerema, who is experienced in the Maritime Offshore industry, we are looking for a second Marine Electrical Specialist!
As Marine Electrical Specialist 2 you keep the vessel’s installations in optimal condition by detecting, repairing and reporting functional defects in electrical equipment and automation systems. You are a real trouble-shooter who can also guide and assist the machine room staff with maintenance tasks in the machine room and on deck. You will conduct condition-based monitoring in order to prevent equipment breakdowns and will carry out functional tests on safety and emergency stop systems. Furthermore you prepare job safety analyses and contribute to toolbox meetings. You provide guiding to new staff and trainees and you report to the MES 1.
Your daily activities are:
- Maintaining equipment and electrical systems according to the maintenance program in the machine room, on the bridge (DP computers and systems, satellite systems etc.) below deck in the accommodation (air conditioning, lifts), in the galley, on the cranes, diverse on-deck equipment (fork-lift trucks, offshore impact hammers etc.) and the safety and lifesaving equipment;
- Detecting, reporting and solving electrical malfunctions in systems, circuits and equipment;
- Guiding subcontractors with troubleshooting and carrying out repairs to electrical systems;
- Performing low voltage switching, electrical (de)isolation and overrides;
- Assisting during construction work by operating electrical systems and providing facilities;
- Giving input on the performance of electrical engineering staff such as new staff and trainees;
- Conducting Job Safety Analyses and Toolbox talks.
This position requires an experienced Marine Electricial Specialist with leadership skills and experience in working on challenging high-tech projects.
Furthermore, you have:
- A minimum Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Mechatronics (or comparable) or a diploma from a Higher Maritime College;
- A minimum of 2 years’ offshore work experience with electro technical ship installations;
- A plus is experience with DP ships, preferably Kongsberg;
- A result oriented mindset, take ownership and are a teamplayer;
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English, both spoken and written.
*This is a staff position!