As Electrician 1 you are responsible for the watch and keeping the electrical installations and systems on a vessel in optimal condition. You are responsible for maintaining the vessel’s electrical installations and/or project-related equipment. You will work together with and guide the Second and Assistant Electricians and you report to the Chief Electrician.
- Maintaining equipment and electrical systems according to the maintenance program in the machine room, on the bridge (DP computers and systems, satellite systems etc.) below deck in the accommodation (air conditioning, lifts), in the galley, on the cranes, diverse on-deck equipment (fork-lift trucks, offshore impact hammers etc.) and the safety and lifesaving equipment;
- Detecting, reporting and solving electrical malfunctions in systems, circuits and equipment;
- Guiding subcontractors with troubleshooting and carrying out repairs to electrical systems;
- Assisting during construction work by operating electrical systems and providing facilities;
- Implementing and testing new systems;
- Supervising and giving input on the performance of electrical engineering staff such as the Second Ship's Electricians, Junior Ship's Electricians and interns;
- Conducting Job Safety Analyses and Toolbox talks.
- A minimum Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Mechatronics (or comparable) or a diploma from a Higher Maritime College;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with electro technical ship installations, including experience with automation;
- Leadership qualities; experience with managing colleagues in an advantage;
- Extensive knowledge of PLC technology, preferably Siemens S7;
- Experience with frequency drives, preferably ABB;
- Experience with DP ships, preferably Kongsberg;
- Excellent communication skills in English, Dutch is a pre both spoken and written;
- A result oriented mindset, take ownership and are a teamplayer.