The role’s primary work location will be in the office. The position requires visits to the onshore facilities in Noord Holland as well as offshore in the Dutch North Sea. The Electrical Engineer will report to the Senior Electrical Engineer and will work closely with the project, maintenance and operation teams.
- Provide engineering support and advice on electrical modifications and improvements for new projects
- Complete any electrical calculations and system studies required during the Select and Define project phases, to verify system design and equipment selection;
- Specify electrical protection and control systems, including selection and parameters
- Supervise contractors performing engineering and installation.
- Act as focal point / project lead for the coordination of small projects
- Provide input to short and medium-term plant problems in support of the maintenance team
- Review actions from the Independent Verification Body (IVB), typically from NEN and ATEX inspections.
- Ensure controlled documents are up-to-date and all changes are managed.
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years discipline experience in an operating facility Preferred
- Current offshore Medical and NOGEPA survival training
- Certification for HV and LV, “Vakbekwaam Persoon” (VP), STIPEL or equivalent
- 10 years discipline experience
- Knowledge of the application of electrical safety rules, including the identification and mitigation of hazards
- Knowledge of managing the selection, inspection, and repair of electrical equipment for hazardous (classified) areas
- Experience in a technical discipline support role • Knowledge of MV, LV electrical power distribution systems
- Knowledge of engineering practices, codes and standards
- An overall understanding of the key legislation and regulatory framework for Dutch onshore and offshore assets
- A pro-active attitude
- The ability to work in multi-discipline project teams
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Awareness of safety related reviews like HAZOP and SIL
- Familiar with project engineering / project management
- Able to proactively shares best practices and knowledge
- Able to use discipline-related software to carry out Network calculations software packages
- Excellent communication skills
- Full-time employment
- Willing to travel offshore for site visits