We are seeking a Cost Controller for a contractor in the Offshore energy market in The Netherlands.
WHERE WILL YOU BE PART OF?
The Cost Controller works within the Project Planning & Cost Control Department.
The department is part of the Finance division of the company and acts as a service department to the projects undertaken by the company.
Providing both planning/scheduling expertise and cost analysis reports detailing the company’s (financial) performance on projects. With sufficient experience and knowledge gained (in depth or general) and proven capability in the field, the Cost Controller may be eligible for the title of Senior Cost Controller at the discretion of the supervisor and Management.
WHAT TASKS WILL YOU BE PERFORMING?
- Provide day to day cost control support to the project teams;
- On a monthly basis, prepare a forecast of expected costs and revenues for the remaining part of the project, discuss with the Project Manager and distribute;
- Analyse and explain the main deviations from the project budget on a monthly basis;
- Supply the treasurer with a monthly cash flow overview of costs and revenues (actual and forecast);
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation of Variation Order Requests, internal budget revisions; and the initiation of invoices to clients;
- Control the timely and correct invoicing to clients and follow up on overdue receivables;
- Control the accuracy and completeness of all booked commitments and invoices in co-operation with the Project Manager and departments;
- Contribute to the optimisation of administrative and cost control related processes and procedures within the department;
- Prepare the project financial close-out;
- Initiate and co-ordinate improvements specifically related to project administration;
- Train, educate and support new (junior) staff.
- MSc / BSc degree in Business Administration or Accountancy or BSc / MSc degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering;
- Minimum 3 years cost control experience, preferably in an offshore environment;
- Knowledge of accounting; ERP software experience, preferably Oracle.